Reporting to the Vice President of Operations & Program Management, this individual will serve as an integral team member with exposure to multiple facets of business operations. The Office Manager will be responsible for overall administrative support and work closely with the organizations R&D team. Additional features of the position include responsibility for front office activities including reception, office purchasing, office maintenance, shipping, scheduling interviews, facilities requests and assisting with HR on-boarding.
Elicio is a growing organization based out of Cambridge, Massachusetts with additional staff functioning in a virtual based environment from the Greater Boston area and west coast.
This position does not allow for remote work and requires onsite attendance. To best protect all onsite staff, Elicio has enhanced Covid-19 policies and procedures in place including such mitigation measures as company sponsored saliva-based PCR based testing for employees, required mask wearing, and nightly enhanced cleaning and disinfecting to name a few.
- Regular and predictable in-office attendance to support day to day administrative needs of staff
- Provide positive proactive support to a fast-paced and growing team with an ability to recommend efficiencies in day to day work streams
- Coordinates frequent team meetings, greets guests, arranges for refreshments, etc.
- Handles meeting logistics (e.g., room reservations, catering, schedules IT/ AV support).
- Assists with on-boarding of new employees, screening of CVs and coordination of interviews for open positions
- Maintains office supplies (as needed) and supports laboratory personnel in their ordering needs.
- Completes facilities work order requests, IT request forms, etc.
- Manages office environment including coordinating improvements and furniture installation
- Drives and coordinates team building activities such as lunches, happy hours, offsite events, holiday parties, etc.
- Serve as onsite lead/point of contact for Environmental Health & Safety (EHS).
- Vendor scheduling, and coordination with contractors and service people.
- Receiving mail, office, and kitchen supplies and stocking to maintain suitable supply levels
- Maintaining kitchen, office, and conference room in clean order according to company COVID-19 procedures
- Assist on other special projects as needed and assigned
- Coordinate the purchasing of lab materials and equipment as directed
- Maintain office and laboratory inventory
- Liaise with external vendors and consultants on shipping and accounting issues
- Order office supplies, food, and lunch as appropriate.
- Collaborate with IT, Operations, & Finance in the process of onboarding, and enabling new hires. This includes equipment tracking, asset management, and training as needed.
Education & Professional Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 5-8 years experience as an office manager or senior administrative assistant.
- Ability to provide support as needed to west coast and other virtual environment based employees
- A high sense of urgency, strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Reliable, self-motivated.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must be highly resourceful with a problem-solving mindset and follow-through skills
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality/discretion
- Ability to function in a fast-paced challenging environment with minimal supervision
- Enthusiastic individual with the ability to effectively juggle shifting priorities.
- Highly proficient user of MS Outlook with high proficiency in Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.)
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude about work and providing service
- Ability to take initiative, exercise judgement, and work independently
- Excited about learning new skills and taking on tasks outside of previous experience
- Experience in biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry is a plus
Busy office environment with frequent deadlines and interruptions
Travel: Travel is not required
Physical Requirements: Subject to periods of sitting or standing, vision is required to monitor data. Work is performed exclusively in an office environment.
About Elicio Therapeutics
Elicio Therapeutics is advancing the Amphiphile technology across immunotherapy platforms to defeat cancers and infectious diseases. By combining expertise in materials science, immunology, and immuno-oncology, Elicio is engineering potent Amphiphile immunotherapies that precisely target and fully engage the lymph nodes, the site in our bodies where the immune response is orchestrated. Elicio is engineering lymph node targeted cell therapy activators, immunomodulators, adjuvants and vaccines for an array of aggressive cancers and infectious diseases. The Amphiphile platform emerged from laboratories of Darrell Irvine, Howard Hughes Investigator and Professor of Biomedical Engineering in the Koch Institute of Integrative Cancer Research at MIT. For more information, please visit https://elicio.com.
About the Amphiphile Platform
The Elicio Amphiphile platform enables precise targeting and delivery of immunogens and cell-therapy activators directly to the lymphatic system, the “brain center” of the immune response, to significantly amplify and enhance the body’s own system of defenses, defeat solid and hematologic cancers, and prevent their recurrence. Once in the lymph nodes, Amphiphile immunotherapies are taken up by antigen presenting cells (APC’s) to orchestrate signaling to natural or engineered immune cells in order to maximize therapeutic immune responses to disease. This strategy has been used to improve the activity of immunostimulatory agents, antigens, adjuvants, and cell-therapies that generate little to no response when used in the conventional forms. By precisely targeting these immunotherapies to the lymph nodes, Amphiphiles can unlock their full potential to generate and amplify anti-tumor immune responses. This substantially enhanced anti-tumor functionality and long-term protective memory may someday unlock the full potential of the immune response to eliminate cancer.